Avoiding the Inevitable?
I've stood in the house of tears,
where friends and family grieved
and memories were shared
of a long life lived that I'd not seen
Many gathered to live in the depths
To remember that all lives end
What is done remains in the past
Life rolling on until it is done
I've stood in the house of cards,
a sacred place that cannot last
where crowds wept and cheered
observing trivial war from afar
Many gathered to live in the shallows
The clock keeps on ticking
Endless cyles again and again
Life rolling on until it is done
(Ecclesiastes 7)
where friends and family grieved
and memories were shared
of a long life lived that I'd not seen
Many gathered to live in the depths
To remember that all lives end
What is done remains in the past
Life rolling on until it is done
I've stood in the house of cards,
a sacred place that cannot last
where crowds wept and cheered
observing trivial war from afar
Many gathered to live in the shallows
The clock keeps on ticking
Endless cyles again and again
Life rolling on until it is done
(Ecclesiastes 7)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home